What is Apicomplexans?
- Under the Phylum Apicomplexa and also known as Sporozoa
- Immature sporozoa surrounded by thick wall (spore-like walls)
- Most sporozoans are spore-forming parasitic and harmful protozoaa
- Adult forms are lacking of locomotion structure such as flagella, cilia and pseudopodia
- Move by flexing
- Apicomplexans have a apical complex of microtubules that attach to its host cells.
- Immature sporozoans are called as sporozoites (small infecting agent) that can be transmitted through fluid from one host to another.
- Sporozoans cause many disease for example Malaria and Toxoplasmosis
- Malaria is a disease that spread by female Anopheles mosquito through biting, transfusion and sharing hypodermic needles
- Toxoplasmosis is a disease that has flulike symptoms is transmitted from cat to humans